Thursday, April 30, 2009

Recent Pictures and Updates of Mae Lee

Mae Lee Angelene Tano born Thursday April, 23 2009 at 6:58 a.m. 9.0lbs and 20.5 in long


Since I was on the down low for a bit here I wasn't able to keep up with updating the blog.
But now I'm doing pretty well and we are all adjusting to our new little addition of our family. In the past blog of her arrival I noticed proud da-da Rocky forgot to mention the actual date she was born so I added it at the top.




Here are some pictures of Rocky and I as proud new parents in the Hospital.


Rocky handsome as ever holding his new baby girl.














I can already see the protective look in his eyes for his daughter.

Since she's my third baby I know now how awful the hospital gowns are! So I brought a couple sets of my own pajamas and ditched the thin, cold, show-n-tell all scrubbies! The nurses gave me many compliments on my pj's.Love my new baby girl!

All of our kids have had to deal with having Jaundice after being born. So the pediatrician sent us home with a healthy discharge from the hospital except that Mae Lee had to be on a blanket with lights that breakdown the bilirubin in her blood.

Here is our little glow worm!

She didn't seem to mind it too much. We had to alternate the blanket from the front to her back every hour to two hours at a time. All day and all night long. This was a bit exhausting to keep up with, but it was better than having her stay at the hospital. Also we had to take her in to the hospital lab everyday to have her blood drawn to check the bilirubin levels.


She's all ready...
for her first trip to the doctor.




Our second day all ready for our trip to the doctor again.

She couldn't quite stay awake for the event.

Sleeping pretty in pink!
On this day we were told to take her off the blanket of lights to see how she does without it.


On the third visit Wednesday April 29th we got the okay from the doctor that the bilirubin levels were going down and she's doing well. Yeah!


Blowing kisses to all her fans out there!

As far as her sleeping goes. Well she does fine during the day eating and sleeping and then at night about midnight until six in the morning she's up. She'll eat and go to sleep here and there but as soon as I try and lay her down she's up. Therefore, I'm up it seems all day and night. Rocky helps by taking his shift in the early morning when I can't keep my eyes open another second. Also Rocky is busy all day with the boys and he is our own personal chef for every meal among the million other things he does for us during the day. He's so awesome.

She likes to sleep in her crib (a generous gift given to us by Aunt Judy) during the day, but at night she's right next to me. We are very thankful for the crib because it helps give her a place to sleep while her older brother Lincoln is bouncing around everywhere!

Just if your wondering Tysho and Lincoln are adjusting very well to their brand new baby sister. Tysho unfortunately has a cold and cough so he hasn't been able to be around her too much lately. Since he's trying to get better you'll find him "recuperating" by playing his Wii. The other day he told me that another thing that is helping him get better is Whoppers, the candy. He said it is helping him feel a lot better as he shoved in a mouthful!

Whenever Tysho introduces himself to anyone he says, "I'm Tysho and I'm the Wii champ."

Lincoln loves to hold his baby sister, and as long as he can be a baby too he's just fine with her being around.Here is Lincoln snuggled up in one of his sister's blankets. (Made by the hands of Aunt Lynne) He's as content as could be watching his most favorite movie of all Spiderman. He has all three movies. He will watch the entire movie (all three) and often recites parts from the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment