Thursday, April 16, 2009

There is an end in sight!


Fact: Elephants have a gestational period of two years! Yes they are pregnant for two years before they have their little baby elephants.
My Aunt Jeanne and Uncle Ruel insist that I think I'm carrying a baby elephant and that's why this pregnancy is the pregnancy that won't end.
No I am not going to carry this baby for another year if I can help it. Although it is looking to be that way. There is an end in sight thank-goodness and that end is coming this next Wednesday, April 22nd. I will be admitted to the the hospital around 6:00 in the evening in which I will have to be induced since there is no progress on my body's part. So unlike the elephant I will be having this baby before the two years are up thanks to modern medicine!
Very funny Aunt Jeanne and Uncle Ruel.
Every single day I don't go without a comment from somebody, even total strangers mind you, "Oh my goodness! You look like your about to pop. Are you going to have that baby soon?" or the classic, "Haven't you had that baby yet?"
Also I get plenty of advice from everyone and their grandma at the grocery store about some trick as to how exactly to get this baby to come out.
Well, just so you know jumping up and down....it doesn't work.
People, people, people believe me if I could say three magic words and I'd have a cute little infant in my arms I would have done it weeks ago! As of now I cannot wear any shoes at all. So I walk around in public with Rocky's house slippers on. Yeah, maybe I am part elephant if you looked at my huge swollen feet and "cankles" (no ankles just feet then straight to the calf)!
Anyway, the count down is on!! Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment