We are so happy for these two. They had been dating for about 5 years off and on until finally to end our hearts woes Wyatt's single days were over. Can I just hear a big "Hallelujah!" Let's just say that we all owe our mom a big thank-you for cutting off the umbilical cord, calling up Alma one night and proposing to her for Wyatt! HaHa! Yes indeed as Wyatt put it, "Mom dukes calls up my girl and gives her days that would be great for a wedding and said Congrats welcome to the family and I hadn't even proposed yet. " He was in the middle of getting the ring and planning how to propose but our mom wanted to make sure it was done and final.Okay, okay so it was an honest mistake on my mom's part but she was so relieved that she jumped the gun. She also blames it on her recent stroke. She apologized to poor Alma for as she put it, "How awful would it be to have your mother-in-law propose to you. I just took all the romance out of it." But as for me...I said, "No, no...I think how lucky she is I only wish my soon to be mother-in-law was so happy that she would do the proposing!" Well any how, we are thrilled to have Alma as our newest member of the family. She is a doll, kind, beautiful, playful, sweet-hearted, hard-working, goal-oriented, spirited, and a talented chef! We love you Alma.
Here are just some of the wonderful pictures my talented husband took. Plus it helped that these two look like models.:





That is one beautiful couple.
Here is one of the finished products of Rocky's work the Wedding Invitation for Wyatt and Alma
A big huge "Congrats" to Wyatt and Alma and I just want to tell my husband thank-you for all your many hours and hard work doing their invitations. Rocky is so gifted at what he does as a photographer and a graphic designer. I am so proud of him.
Now on to a little bit of Wyatt being Wyatt.
So after hours of being gone Rocky hooked up his camera to the flat screen t.v. and we (my mom and dad, Wyatt, Alma, Kiana, Rocky, Myself, and our kids) all flipped through about 600 frames that he took of the happy couple. As we were going through them all you could hear was, "Awww...Ooohhhh....Oh I like it...I love it!" And then right in the middle of all of it we were laughing hysterically at some of the shots Wyatt posed for:
Raaarrrrree....
Check out Wyatt's face.
Oh baby.
Come on Almeezy, give em some suga'.
Wyatt all Glaaniied out while Alma's laying down the law.
Now in this next scene we have Wyatt in what he calls the "Utah" photos, which he is makin' fun of. He told Rocky to make sure he didn't go "typical Utah bouzh-wa poses" on him. This is all according to Wyatt now...so no one get offended if you might happen to have these types of photos in your album. Actually I think they are great and I don't know what Wyatt's cryin' about.
Hide'n'Seek y'all.
This next one is actually cool...Wyatt wanted a picture of his clan, actually FYI Wyatt it's our second clan not first.... Bit'ahnii (the folded arms clan).
For a wedding gift my dad painted this picture of them. It's awesome.
Okay so before Rocky took Wyatt and Alma on their photo shoot he took us out a couple days before to stake out some good spots. While we were leaving I saw this perfect spot to take some photos. I told Rocky to make sure he took Wyatt and Alma to the "true" rezed out scene you know with all the old rusting cars, old tires, junk yard in the middle of nowhere. I said to Rocky, "Now you have to play it up and be all serious, and act like it's the perfect spot for their wedding announcement pictures." Then I mimicked to Rocky and Kiana exactly the face that Alma would make when she saw the spot. And guess what...she did make the face! And here it is:
"Are you serious? Oh my goodness."
Now let's get a close up of that money shot:
Ha! Ha! Ha!
Of course Wyatt didn't think it was a joke he got all pumped up and excited for these shots:
Now can we get a close up of Alma's face again...
One thing about Alma she is definitely a good sport....she's trying to smile all the while thinking, "And my parents and friends are gonna see this?" Check out the look on my brothers face...he's got his Hot girl, His turq, and the Rez behind him...it's all good.
So Rocky finally let Alma off the hook and out of her misery and told her it was all a joke givin to her by her soon to be new sister-in-law...moi. Think of it as an initiation to joining our family. I mean you've got to be able to laugh in life cause it's what it's all about. And trust me we were laughing so hard. It was great fun. You just got "Punked" Alma. Thanks for playing. Of course Alma knows how to take a joke I mean come on she is marrying Wyatt.
But of course Wyatt had to carry it to a new level...

Work it Alma, work it!
Now for a finish to a wonderful day of picture taking.

Can anyone say, "A little foreshadowing" we have here!Alma was trying to get Wyatt out of the middle of the road while an oncoming car was coming at 65 mph, and Wyatt's making his pose for the camera moment.
Good luck Alma.
We love you both Wyatt and Alma. Rocky loved taking your photos. He laughed so hard that some of the pictures came out blurry because he couldn't stop from shaking the camera while he busted a gut!
The End. or maybe I should say Only the Beginning.
chels!!! I felt like I was there at the the photo shoot, great job in retelling. I seriously laughed through the whole thing... now you have to post pics of them at the wedding.. plus a pics of your dad's painting of them, I did not get the chance to see it (had to do mommy duties and nurse..).. love the post chels!!
ReplyDeletetawn
Ha. Thanks Tawn-. Yeah I know I'm gonna get to the wedding...I'm tryin to go in order like a journal as to happenings and what not. I've got a lot of work ahead of me. Notice I'm still in July...but I'm gonna get to August soon. Let me just say there were so many photos it was crazy and I wish I coulda put all of the funny ones up, but there were too many. I laughed so hard that weekend that my stomach hurt! And yeah I know what you mean by mommy duties, that's all I was doing at the wedding!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous Couple! It looks as though they had a blast taking the announcement photos! BJ
ReplyDeleteHee Hee Hee! Thanks for the laughs and the good'ol rez pix's! Too funny!
ReplyDelete