Sunday, May 24, 2009

Our Visit to Kayenta, AZ

There's been so much that I've missed because we've been so busy. Recently we took a trip to Kayenta to visit Grandma and Grandpa Gilmore for a week long. It was the first time they were able to see MaeLee. It was an awesome trip and we all enjoyed being together again.

MaeLee with Grandpa Gilmore or as all the grandkids call him "pa-pa"

Grandma Gilmore finally gets to hold her new granddaughter!


And of course Auntie Kiana is always a hit with the kids! She had the magic touch and could calm MaeLee anytime she held her.


As for Tysho and Lincoln they love to visit their grandparents. My mom and dad treat them like "gold"! They are amazing in every way. Always so full of love towards our kids which only brings joy to our hearts to see. What a blessing grandma and pa-pa Gilmore are.

Tysho with Pa-pa on his awesome motorcycle.

Tysho loves anything educational (He likes to watch the Discovery and History channel!) or anything he can learn especially when it comes to puzzles, mazes and games. Here Pa-pa is spending some much enjoyed time going through an i-spy book with Tysho. They spent a good couple hours together doing this. Tysho is still talking about it a week later.

Lincoln loves his pa-pa so much. He was excited to ride the motorcycle but once he got half way down the road he was ready to "go home" as he stated to his pa-pa over and over. Tysho will ride any roller coaster out there but Lincoln is still a little nervous when it comes to anything that goes faster than he can go. Afterwards he continued to talk about the motorcycle ride and wanted on again.

Lincoln is extremely personable and loves to put on a show for any crowd. But as far as affection he has his people. He loved his pa-pa. Anytime he could run up and give him a hug he was there. Here is my dad on his lunch break taking a little nap.

They also spent a lot of quality time with their Grandma. She is too amazing for words and Tysho is extremely close to her. I have never seen Tysho talk so much to anyone even Rocky and I like he does with his Grandma. They sat out on the swing and talked and talked for hours. Tysho still loves to climb into her lap and watch cartoons. Grandma also spoils them both by buying them tons of treats (she even buys Rocky his favorite treats!) and never misses a chance to take them out for a happy meal. She'll even play catch with the both boys over and over again. The hugs and kisses are always plentiful and they know they can do no wrong in her eyes. I wish I had a picture of them together but my mom wasn't feeling too well.

Because of recent events with my mom's health we decided to have MaeLee's blessing down in Kayenta so that my mom wouldn't have to travel. We also were excited to go back to our old ward since we have a lot of friends and family there.
MaeLee Angelene was blessed Sunday May 17th, 2009


She looked beautiful! Her Grandpa and Grandma Gilmore paid for her blessing dress as a gift to her for being born.


It was such a blessing to have her dad bless her. Others that were there were Uncle Jerry, Aunt Marti, Uncle Jack and Aunt Becky. It was a wonderful day and such a sweet and special blessing that was given. Uncle Pete, Aunt Treva and their family and Uncle Casey, Aunt Rochel and their son Chase also attended her luncheon.


Our family is now complete!

Tysho got a hold of my camera and took a few pictures himself. When he showed me this picture he said, "I just want people to know the truth about my mom."


Now what he meant by this I'm not sure but all I can say is this is me totally exhausted from no sleep! And the day we were suppose to leave Kayenta we didn't because I ended up falling asleep in the early afternoon in the middle of the living room. Rocky felt so bad he didn't dare wake me up. It's a good thing Rocky had the kids cause I don't remember even falling asleep.


Let me just say I took a few "truth" pictures myself
The truth is:
Rocky is an absolutely wonderful husband and father, but due to some of his genes he cannot go without sleep. So with all of our kids I am the one who suffers with permanent dark circles under my eyes until they reach about the age of two. I can go days, weeks, even months on little to no sleep, but poor Rocky must get his "snoozies" in or else....


He becomes a bear!

Don't wake me. I need my ssssleeeeepppp!!!!! True story. Love ya babe!

1 comment:

  1. I want a printed pic of the fam - make sure you send me one ASAP.
    Shoot, tell me about it, Ray is EXACTLY the same way as far as his precious beauty sleep goes.

    ReplyDelete