On Thursday September 24th the kids and I decided to go to one of dad's games. He coached the High School JV Football team August through October of 2009.
Tysho would usually go with him to all of the Varsity home games and sit with him in the announcer's box. We still hadn't gone to one of dad's games though. It was hard for me to take the baby, and Lincoln as it would either be too cold, or they would be too tired, or the obvious... three little kids at a football game + just me by my lonely = disaster.
But I wanted to at least have the kids see their dad in action at least once. I was actually extremely excited to see Rocky as a coach. Rocky is incredibly talented and I am always thrilled when I can be there to give my husband support while he is able to learn and gain new experiences. So to see him coach was a treat.
But right before we left...
Aunt Becky came over and asked for Lincoln to come and pick some apples from her apple tree. He was crazy excited! He picked an entire bag full of apples, and couldn't wait to eat one. He carried his bag of apples with him throughout the whole game and wouldn't let them go.
I told him he could eat one when we got home so I could wash it off....it was a long wait for the two year old.
Rocky's team preparing for the game...
Rocky and his boys!
It was a blessing to have Rocky experience an opportunity to Coach. We are proud of you daddy. GOOD JOB COACH TANO!!!
We had a blast as a family that beautiful night, and Rocky was beaming from ear to ear to see his cute little family on the sidelines waiting to give him some hugs and kisses for a job well done.
After the game...a very excited two year old only had one thing on his mind!
Apples!!!
He ate every single bite!
No comments:
Post a Comment