So here is Lake Havasu. As Rocky put it, "It's pretty much a lake in the middle of the desert. Other than that it's nothing but a really hot and barren place."
Rocky enjoying picture taking a little too much.
How cool is this! This is where Rocky and I first lived when we were married, the Riordan Ranch Apartments. His parents owned one of the units and so we were able to stay here for a couple of years while we went to the college of Northern Arizona University. We have lots of fun and happy memories that we left there. Dallas and BJ also stayed there and rented from the Tano's when Sadie was first brought home from the hospital. There they go always gotta be copying us! Just kidding, or is it us that follows you guys around? I can't tell which it is but we usually end up somewhere together, which is how we prefer it.
We enjoyed college together so much. I still remember the snowball fights while eating ice cream cones in a snowfall on campus in the middle of the night. Again, a lot of weird looks. That's what I love best is to make people take a second look and go,"HMMMnnnn.???"
We also loved that fact that because we lived in Flagstaff we got a lot of company. Rocky and I enjoy hosting people so much. Well the ones who enjoy our hosting, anyway. For those of you who don't, forget about it. Just messin'. We had a ton of fun having our friends or family stay with us and then they would leave and we'd be alone together again.
One time Kodi, my cousin/awesomest friend, came and graced us with her presence. She and I didn't get out of our P.J.'s for days. We talked and laughed and watched episodes of the Road Rules on MTV. Rocky was able to hook her up with a date with one of his buddies. Just to help out Kodi's hopeful date Rocky suggested for him to be more of a gentleman and to wear some socks with his Birkenstocks! Ha. If you know Flagstaff then you gotta love all the hemp wearing hippies with their incense. And if you know Kodi then you know that there was no way she was going on a date with any of them hippies! She didn't go. Neither did she go with one of my cool accounting buddies who was dying to take her out as well. Nope, I guess she was waiting for some G.I. Joe man to sweep her off her feet in his camo's.
Speaking of Hippies! Well there's some of the local folk now!
The good ole' Cline Library of NAU!
For some reason I didn't spend too much time here.
A hundred bucks to whomever guesses what this guy is thinkin' on top of these books.
My guess: " Hmmmnnn...I wonder if Kodi would go on a date with me?"
The School of Communication where Rocky spent all of his time earning his degree in Graphic Design.
He is the Class of NAU 2002.
Well thanks for the tour Rocky, but where is my College of Business, I'm the Class of 2000? He probably didn't want to go there since I wish it was the College of Arts instead. Oh well,...live and you learn. Except I would like to get to the living part instead of always the learning.
Okay, so Rocky made it home and it's on to our big 4th of July celebration...
Whoooeeee! Don't hurt yourselves now boys with those massive fireworks. Kiana enjoying the show.
Okay, Okay go ahead and go crazy with them explosives. (The dog in the picture I have no idea whose it is. He just showed up to where all the action was in K-town.)
Happy Fourth of July 2009
And as Mel would put it, "FFFFRRRRREEEEEDDOOOMMMM...."
Just a special "Thank-you" to all those who fight or have fought or will fight for our freedom, Dallas, Colby, Pete, Ray, Ernie, Tom, My dad, Rocky's dad, and My Uncle Lloyd. If I have forgotten anyone thank you too.
Awesome! I especially liked the pic of Riordan Ranch! BJ
ReplyDelete