Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Better Late than Never Father's Day for June 21, 2009

Yes, yes, yes I know I am sooo behind on my blogging, but I decided I better catch up or else I would miss out on a lot of great things in our lives. So get ready for a lot of blogging.
FATHER' S DAY
June 21, 2009 was Father's Day for two of the greatest dads ever, Rocky and my own dad Grandpa Gilmore.

To my dad I would like to say: Thank you for everything you have been for me. You are the one whom I look up to every day. You are my inspiration and I admire you so much. You have been my strength in my life. One day I hope to be just as great an artist as you. I love you dad. My top three favorite memories of you are:
1. When I would go to girls camp you would pack my bag full of every survival tool humanly possible! Everyone would always be amazed by all my stuff that I had. On one camp experience you made me THE warmest sleeping bag with about ten blankets inside, zipped up sideways, and rolled up to look like I had just a small blanket. I remember it was so cold that Angel jumped into my sleeping bag as well because it would have made even Alaska feel warm!

2. My sixteenth birthday you and mom got me my very own red mustang car. It was a stick-shift and I couldn't even get it up the drive way, but you patiently taught me how to drive it. You were the one who taught me how to drive a car from the beginning until the end. I think I was 14 when you first put me behind the wheel on my own. I'll never forget when you made me get on the freeway for the very first time. I was scared to death but always trusted in you. Then you had me take some exit onto a road I didn't know and told me to make a U-turn. So I did and then you yelled out and said, "Ahhh watch out! You just hit that on-coming car!" I freaked out of course and said, "What car?" Then you said,"Well, there could have been one...but, you have to make sure before you pull out." You always had a funny way of teaching me things! But when I took my driver's Ed class my Sophomore year the instructor would get so frustrated with the other drivers and yell out, "Gilmore get in the driver's seat and show these guys how to drive since you are the only one who knows how." That was all thanks to you dad.


3. This one is very simple but one of the most profound. There was a time in my adult married life just in the past couple years that I found myself at a very low and depressed point because of an overwhelming situation. I was sitting on your couch sad and confused, you were leaving for work and before you left you stopped at the door and turned to me and said, "Chelsea, I want you to know something...You are a Good person. You are better than this. Don't let this defeat you." That was all I needed. You were the only one I ever wanted to hear those words from.

There are so many more memories that come to mind like the time you danced with me at my wedding, the time you took Rocky and I on an all day tour of Williams Arizona, the time you took me to Stake Conference just you and I, the times you taught me to paint, the time you bore your testimony and helped me overcome my issues with tithing, the fact that I always had THE best arts and crafts projects, the times you would take Rocky and I out to Red Lobster every time you came to Flag, the time you packed our entire house, all those times I would see you give money to a stranger on the side of the road, and all those many times we would just sit around and laugh (usually at your expense). You are an amazing father, a second dad to my husband who loves you more than he could say, and an even more amazing Grandfather who would do or give anything to his Grandchildren. Thank you for everything dad. I love you. We love you.


Happy "Late" Father's Day Dad and Grandpa.



Now for the other greatest dad ever...Rocky!

I am so lucky to have a husband and best friend like him and even luckier to be able to witness how much he adores our children and better yet how much his children adore him.


I think one of THE best gifts Rocky gives to our kids as their father, and I think that they would agree with me is that he plays with them, and plays with them and plays some more.





He takes them to the park...




As many times as they want!



He plays catch with them...



He eats pizza with them..


He wrestles with them...


He hikes to "the toes" with them...


He bathes them and tries to dress them...

He kisses them...

And gets kissed by them...



He relaxes with them...


He plays in the snow with them...



He puts together their crib for them...


He carves pumpkins with them...



Here's Rocky's pumpkin...

FYI: Rocky won a contest at his former work, JSA Architects for this pumpkin and got us a gas card!

He rocks them to sleep... (while watching the Office, mind you.)


He comforts them... (funny story, Lincoln was so jealous of his baby sister that Rocky wrapped him up in one of her blankets and rocked him too.)

He cheers for them...


He teaches them about the gospel...
Tysho and Lincoln as a baby


He even finds a way to get a Christmas tree for them...


But most of all... He loves them...

Rocky and his first born son, Tysho.


Rocky and his 2nd baby boy, Lincoln.

Rocky and his baby girl, MaeLee.


And when their mommy gets really, really, really sick with each pregnancy he takes care of her too!

Yes, this is me pregnant with MaeLee so sick I can't even breathe and yet Rocky took a picture of me with no make-up ready to run to the bathroom about to...well, for you queasy stomachs about to have morning sickness ALL day long and ALL night long. He said it was proof for them when they are teenagers so they can't give me a hard time. But for real when I get pregnant Rocky is nothing short of Mr. Incredible. He had to do EVERYTHING this time around since my mom wasn't living by us. Thank you Rocky.

Happy Father's Day Rocky. You are the best. We love you so much

And on top of all that he's HOT!


1 comment:

  1. Chelsea,
    Thank you for blogging! It's been such a long time since we've seen anything! Thank you. Sorry, but reading your blog made me cry...I miss the family so much! Your stories were very touching. Both are GREAT Fathers. I wish so much we could be there...especially for the wedding. I am so AMAZED you posted the picture of you with your morning sickness! Way to go! You still look great by the way! Keep up the blogging. Love BJ

    ReplyDelete