Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Uncle Colby Leaves for Bootcamp July 2, 2009

Colby enlisted in the National Guard this past Spring while he was going to UVU. We were quite surprised and very proud of him. Dallas was able to swear him in which was very cool.

My parents took Colby up to Utah July 2nd to sign into the motel July 6th 2009 and the very next morning he was gone into boot camp.

The kids saying "Good-bye" to Uncle Colby.

Uncle Colby we will miss you dearly until we see you again in November or December. Thank-you for being such an awesome uncle. Thank you for all of the love, hugs, kisses, and fun.


Some last minute advice from Pops!

This is all Colby took with him to Boot camp thanks to his older Brother Dallas who advised him not to spend a dime on any products. Dallas told him exactly what would happen when he gets there. He said that they take your bag or suitcase and dump it all out in front of everyone and get rid of everything and issue you all Army stuff. (Sorry Dallas I don't know the Army lingo.)

So I took a picture of all that Colby took with him, that little bag. Colby was unimpressed as usual with my request to take this picture, but I was surprised. Thanks Dallas for going first so Colby wouldn't have to be embarrassed. :)


The boys saying "Good-bye", "Peace", and "Make us proud Uncle." They love their Uncle Colby. (Notice the Flag in the background. Very patriotic!)

To Colby my baby brother. I want to thank you for being an amazingly wonderful brother. There's something about Colby that most people don't know. He is truly a generous, and considerate person. He is just very quiet about it and doesn't ever make a spectacle about what he gives. While I was sick on my death bed, pregnant with MaeLee it was Colby who stayed with Rocky and I in order to take care of me, his older sister. He got up every morning 8:20 sharp to a smelly diaper from Lincoln. He got both boys up, fed, and bathed. He got Tysho ready for Kindergarten every morning and then picked him up later that day. He made them lunch, played with them, and took care of their every need all day until later that evening about 7:30 when Rocky would come home and take over. He would clean the house, go to the store and check on me and take care of my needs too. He even went to the pharmacy to pick up my prescriptions. He did this every day until the weekend then he would go to work all weekend long. He did this for an entire 3-4 months. Never did he complain or say a word to anyone about what he was doing. I don't know what we would have done without his selflessness and love. Also every time we needed help moving , Colby was there.

Thank-you Colby. We love you and miss you.

P.S. And yes Wyatt you helped too!

1 comment:

  1. It's great seeing pictures of Colby leave for Boot Camp! I am so glad that phase in Dallas' Army career is over! I just have to look forward to some other type of training that requires Dallas to be gone. We love the Army though and are so grateful for Dallas' decision to join, same for Colby. BJ

    ReplyDelete