Monday, June 29, 2009

A Huge Blessing Given by Our Loving Family

On January 15, 2009 Rocky came home from his work where he was the Lead Graphic Designer at JSA Architects in SLC, Utah and said to me, "Chels- I've been laid off. I don't have a job anymore. Today was my last day." I just looked at my wonderful husband who stood sad and shaken before me and said calmly at 7 months pregnant, "Well, we will be fine. As long as we have each other." I could tell he was relieved and we sat and held each other and began talking about what we would do next.
We had just received an answer prior to prepare to move and that night we were going to go put a deposit on a big beautiful home we were going to rent until we could buy one of our own. Little did we know that the Lord had something different in a move than we were planning.
It's funny how things happen and you just can't see it until it's there, but putting your trust in the Lord is everything to be able make it together. At this time our car's transmission had gone out, we lost our second income a week before and now our main income was taken due to the country's downhill economy, also we were pregnant with our third baby and I was extremely sick even on a Rx, and also we were planning a move so our lease was up in two weeks, and last we had a horrible experience with some family members. It just seemed to pile up on top of us.

But just as things seemed their worst we were blessed with many wonderful things ahead.
We were a family of two small kids without a job, money, insurance and pregnant. But we had heaven on our side and my Uncle Lloyd and his new wife Joannie came to our rescue. They allowed us to come and live in my Uncle Lloyd's house up in Kaysville, Utah. Within two weeks my parents and brothers helped us leave our town home in Saratoga Springs and set up shop in a master bedroom for Rocky and I and a second bedroom for our two boys.


Our Guardian Angels!
How can we thank the both of you enough for your generosity, love and kindness.


We were scared and nervous at first, but that was soon put to rest by our new roommates Aunt Jeanne ("Gee Gee" as Lincoln calls her), and Uncle Ruel who were living in the home previously. What laid ahead of us was nothing short of a true blessing. At the worst possible time they brought such joy, laughter and love into Rocky and I and our children's lives.

The best roomies on earth!

During all of the commotion we hadn't been planning our little girl's birth and were just in survival mode. Aunt Jeanne being the sweetest person you could ever meet asked me what exactly I had for our little one soon to come. I just looked at her puzzled. "Uhh... we don't have anything for her." Right away she was on the phone with my other Aunts planning a baby shower for me.

My mom's family is amazing. She has 11 brothers and sisters. Here I am at my awesome baby shower that Aunt Jeanne put many hours of her blood sweat and tears into! This is truly an amazing family who blessed our baby girl with many needed gifts. Thank-you to all of my family members. How wonderful you all are. Aunt Judy who couldn't be there gave us the crib and bedding for our little angel. Aunt Lynne also wasn't able to be there but sent a beautiful quilt before hand.
While we lived in Kaysville we were blessed with an amazing ward. The bishop came and found us and blessed us with some help. The members also were at the doorstep time and time again.

I think the best blessing was we were able to gain a wonderful relationship with family as we waited for our precious baby, MaeLee to be born.

To my Aunt Jeanne , we will never forget your brilliant smile, how you always fill the home with laughter, your gentleness, and your spirit of a child who resides close to the Lord.
My Aunt Jeanne was so loving to our kids. She treated them as her own grandchildren.

Lincoln loves his Aunt Gee Gee.

Tysho was so impressed by the fact that Aunt Gee Gee plays video games! Yeah she rocks! He spent tons of time by her side at the computer as her game buddy.

MaeLee will always be grateful for your kisses and your hugs.

Rocky and my Aunt Jeanne have a relationship all to their own. Rocky is known for his ways of constant sarcasm and jokes. The best thing about Aunt Jeanne was she was so brave as to give it right back to Rocky. Those two could go on and on and on...

Those two at it again! Who knows maybe Rocky bagged up some more corn to add to the six already in the fridge! (Inside joke. Ha!)

In the end Aunt Jeanne always gives her "Rocky" look.

As for me, what can I say to my Aunt other than I love you so much Aunt Jeanne. You were a soft place for me to fall when I needed comforting the most.

To Uncle Ruel, thank you for your talks and I believe dinner time was the best. You could have us rolling for hours. It was always a joy to be around you. The love and concern you showed for Rocky and I and especially our kids will never be forgotten.


Our boys loved coming downstairs to see Uncle Ruel. Every other week we were also so pleased to be able to spend time with my cousin Hailey, Uncle Ruel's beautiful daughter. She was so much fun to be around. She is such a joy, and brought about one of the funniest times we'll never forget.

As Aunt Jeanne would put it,"Well....?" This is another inside joke for sure. But man did it have us all in good spirits. Uncle Ruel laughed so hard he actually cried probably for the second time in his life. In all Hailey you were such a good sport. We love you and your vampires!

Before we left Kaysville, Utah to move back down to Kayenta, Arizona my Uncle Lloyd and Aunt Joannie had our family over to dinner to say good-bye. Aunt Joannie made a delicious meal and we had a very enjoyable time.

Tysho and Lincoln enjoying the sheepskin! Back to their roots.

Tysho got out the Twister game (J.J.'s favorite) and was playing all by himself.

Joannie's son felt bad so he decided to help Tysho out.


Then Rocky and Lincoln decided to join the fun.

Oh Twister what a fun game.

Aunt Joannie rocked MaeLee to sleep so that I could eat. She gave MaeLee many gifts and some she even made by hand!

Our family will always be grateful for your love!

After we left my Uncle Lloyd's home and said our good-bye's Rocky said something to me that I will always be grateful for. He said, "You know I have to tell you that I have learned something so great while we've been going through all of this. I have been able to see such love that your Uncles and Aunts have for you. The way your Uncle Lloyd was with you tonight made my heart feel so full because I know he cherishes you as his niece. It's just nice to see how it is to have people love and respect my wife. You are so great to me and I love you. I just want you to know that others love you too. Remember that."

My family has taken in Rocky with open arms and with no reservations. They all truly have loved the good, the bad, and the ugly in him just like one of their own. They have given him nothing but respect and love. As his wife it means so much to me to see this and most of all feel how genuine it is, the love all of my family has for the one I love the most, Rocky. I on the other hand haven't had such a blessing as this unfortunately. It has had a huge effect on my life and hard to go through, so for Rocky to say this meant a lot to me. I love my family dearly.

We said farewell to our home in Kaysville on June 19th, 2009 and moved in with my parents in Kayenta, Arizona until Rocky finds work again. On to the next adventure.

Just a little side note:

Right before we left I noticed something on one of Aunt Jeanne's decorations in the kitchen.




The spoon has a black Jesus on it! Hey Aunt Jeanne did you know this? Surprised she laughed, "Well no one can ever say I'm prejudice." You are too funny Aunt Gee Gee, too funny.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Chelsea...don't forget that you are always loved and accepted by our family! We love you, Rocky, Tysho, Lincoln, and little MaeLee so much! Keep your spirits up many more blessings are in store for your wonderful family! BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks BJ. I can't tell you how much I love you too! My brother must have worked really hard on his mission cause you know what they say, "The harder the missionary works the better lookin his wife will be." U r amazin B. with all my love, chels-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Blanding to visit. We so enjoyed seeing your little family. Chelsea - you are gorgeous! J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know Josh and I are going through the same transition!!! Josh stopped working in January and has not been working since..., but we found ourselves going back to school and living with his parents since feb. I think its during these times we recognize what's most important.. like family, friends, the church, our health, etc... (I guess for us we have recognized how much the lord really has blessed us..).. We love you and Rocky and your cute kids!!! I hope your mom is feeling better. We have had her in our prayers!!!

    tawn

    ReplyDelete