Lincoln (2 yrs. old) and Angel's youngest boy, Charlie are only three days apart. Charlie has suffered a brain injury due to an infection in his brain, spinal meningitis, at just under a year old. He is a brave little guy and so strong especially in spirit. When you get to meet him in person Charlie can make your heart swell with love and gratitude for all that the Lord has given us. He is an angel on earth, next to his mom! His dad, Rob Christensen is quite awesome too! If you ever want to be a part of Charlie's story he has a blog by his parents for updates on him at charliecooperjackjack.blogspot.com.
Lincoln took to Charlie right away. Charlie is two but just like a newborn infant. Lincoln wanted so much to care for Charlie's every need. Here he is putting Charlie's binki back in his mouth. This made me feel so proud of my little rascal. I know in my heart that Lincoln and Charlie will always be great friends and must have been before they came here.
Before Rocky and I left Kaysville Angel and I were able to be together two more times. We went out to eat at Olive Garden(yum!) just her and I to talk without anyone around. This is always my favorite thing to do. It doesn't matter how long we go without seeing one another we are always back to our friendship right away.
The night before we left for Arizona Angel came over to spend time with me again. She has an incredibly busy schedule that makes me tired just thinking about it, but she is amazing and found some time late at night to come and say good-bye.
For those who know me best know that I have gone through a lot personally since I met Rocky and moved to Kayenta over 17 yrs ago, and through those obstacles I seemed to forget who I was. I want my children to know that life is full of people who only want to bring you down and destroy your spirit, but those trials only make you stronger. And the Lord gives us blessings like true friends who at times are your only strength. Just seeing Angel again brought back a light in me that I thought was forgotten. She reminded me of my fire and passion that I once had. The next morning I was so full of hope and felt alive again. Thanks Angel.
My BFF!
Oh the crazy things we have done!
Now for Rocky's BFF. Who else but Ernest Rock or more known as Ernie!
He got a new puppy, George! He was so cute and the kids loved playing with him. Just kidding Ernie. But seriously,Ernie has a brand new bride! He married Athena some time in March. Congrats Ernie! And oh yeah by the way thanks for letting us know a couple weeks ago. But for real we are so happy for you and your beautiful wife. They are both in the military and were married quickly so they weren't able to have a formal ceremony. Otherwise we would of been there, but we were just as happy to meet the new couple here in good ole' Ktown.
It is always a joy to see Ernie. Rocky and he are nothing less than true brothers. They are so much alike and if you are ever around these two watch out! The jokes and laughter never stops. Seriously, it never stops. I don't think I ever see Rocky other than the following when Ernie is around...
Rocky and Ernie have been BFF's since grade school. When ever Rocky's grades would start slipping he would be asked by his dad, "Rocky is that Ernie Rock in your class?" And sure enough it would be true.
It is nothing but joy for me to see my husband so happy to be around such a wonderful person as Ernie is. He is a truly kind person and so gracious to Rocky and I and our children. Ernie has been an incredible friend to Rocky and always will be.
We love you Ernie. Take care with your new bride, Athena. Until next time....we can't wait for the next set of jokes.
Your boys were so awesome to my boys. I couldn't believe how naturally soft and sweet Lincoln was with Charlie and Britt keeps asking when he can play with Tysho again. Rocky was a champ to suffer through all of our laughter and reminiscing. And MaeLee couldn't be any cuter. I'm sad I only get to see her grow up in pictures. So you have to promise to keep blogging even if I slack off.
ReplyDeleteYou are too nice for words. You know I feel the same about you. Friends Forever no matter how much time passes or how far apart life takes us. I too was revived by seeing you it made my heart feel so happy. It's sort of hard to explain but you will always be a part of who I am and I am so grateful for you.
I'm so glad you made it home safe. You need to send me copies of those pictures. You look amazing!!! Loved seeing you. Give your family hugs for me-
I don't know why I didn't see this before, but it was great to read about your dear friends. BJ
ReplyDelete