Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Let's catch up shall we? Halloween 2011

 Halloween 2011

 Every year the kids pick exactly what they want to be for Halloween.  And as promised last year, Tysho didn't have to dress up other than a t-shirt.  I kept trying to call him "Jack...o...lantern..." But Tysho was having none of it.  He said, "No! Mom.  I hate Halloween.  It's the worst holiday ever. I'm just Tysho with a shirt of a pumpkin face."  Okay okay Tysho.  But I have a great idea for next year!!! So we'll see if he'll go for it. It's perfect Bear Grylls. We'll just have to see if I can pursuade him next year? Stay tuned!

As for Lincoln, he can't wait to dress up! He has no problems figuring out his next costume.  And the best part for him is dressing up all year long in the costume he chooses! This year was easy, Captain America!
Although in our neighborhood, which is mostly retired folk... they had no idea what he was!! Come on people, have none of you read any comic books???


But thanks Lincoln for making sure Wal-mart plays us for fools, the costume: $20, the shield $20, the mask $20.  Yes, Lincoln a $60 costume!!  Oh how I wish I could sew.  But you can thank your brother Tysho for only wanting a $5. t-shirt. I guess you can say one happy Captain America kid, priceless.



Grandma Gilmore couldn't resist.  Wal-mart once again, you took us for a ride.
Another costume from Grandparents who can't say no, $20!
But Lincoln a very happy Spidey!

As for Miss MaeLee, well I couldn't decide.  She had no idea what Halloween really was so she didn't care other than to get a pretty princess dress.

At first I thought I loved a fairy princess


But she wasn't too happy with it.

So Grandma and Grandpa Gilmore got her a costume as well.

While Minnie Mouse was adorable and she did love it, I still wasn't completely satisfied.  Before you judge people, she is my only girl.

Wouldn't you know it the day before Halloween I found it! The perfect costume!


She was adorable as Snow White, especially since her hair had just grown out enough to curl!
She loved it!  She wanted to wear it days after Halloween even.  
After this her eyes were opened to the Disney Princesses, and wouldn't you know it her favorite, 
Snow White.

She played the part so well, my Little Snow White, apple and all!




She held on to that apple all night long! 
Move over Snow White there's a new princess in town.


 Captain America storming the castle for more candy!

 This was the scariest haunted house in our neighborhood! 
They went all out with tons of props, and scary movie parts in their yard!
We barely made it to the door with our kids, even I was scared! 
When we got there the Joker was waiting with big huge candy bars!

 Ahhhh!!!! Who is that?
Oh don't worry it's just Kiana.  
In her favorite Halloween costume since.... well, since I can remember. 
She got a lot of candy too. 

And where was Tysho the whole night?

 Passing out candy of course. 
I know I know, we asked him over and over
"Are you sure Tysho you don't want to go trick or treating?"
His reply, "NO!  Why should I do that when we always have enough candy at home? ~grumble~ I hate Halloween."
Okay, okay,... you sure are Benjamin Button.  He's may look like an 8 year old, but truly he acts like he's 75 right now.  We always tell him when he gets old, he'll act like he's 8 then.

 Lincoln will never understand his older brother Tysho. 
"How in the world can you hate Halloween Tysho??? "
It was the best ever!
We loved Halloween 2011. 

Don't worry Tysho had Grandma there too.  He was not left alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment