Tuesday June 15th, 2010 MaeLee decides to walk to her Dad with a total of about 6 steps! Just a re-cap MaeLee took her first two steps to her dad a month ago on May 18th but we didn't see any more action since.

"That's right...I did it! I decided to walk for an audience.
But let's not forget it was on my terms only!"

"You asked for it Daddy now are you ready for me to be walking?"

"Ohhh Grandma! Did you see me?
Just in case let me show you again..."

"Whooo hoooo!!!" MaeLee's a walkin' and just look at those cute little toes.

We all exclaimed it to be "A Miracle!". You see that night I said for the first time..."Okay guys lets see how it would be for us to start reading scriptures at night as a family."
Rocky and my mom both laughed. They thought I was joking. I turned and looked at them and said, "No really. I'm serious." Man...what's wrong with everyone? Do I look like person who isn't into reading come on guys? I just needed to get over some bad memories of "scary" scripture reading time is all, but now I'm ready to get the scripture reading on! Let's make a chart with gold stars and badges for those who read 100 nights in a row!....nah that just isn't me. Let's just do it for pure enjoyment and getting closer to the Lord.
So we all read a verse including Grandma Gilmore who was visiting us at the time. Right after we finished reading and said a prayer MaeLee literally got up and walked across the room to her dad! We all cheered with delight and I yelled, "It's a scripture miracle!" Haha! I was of course teasing. But it was funny and ironic.
But the cheering didn't last long as MaeLee still wouldn't walk for another two weeks!

Okay no fooling this time....
Tuesday June 29th, 2010 MaeLee finally is up and walking for good!
Not only is she walking she is dancing!

"Oh yeah...you like that? You like what you see? Well here I come!" Nothing but the reigning diva herself.

"Uh-huh... you see how I did that? I just walked right on by you..."

"I'm so good at this walking thing...."

"I can do it with one hand in my mouth and one eye shut!
Oh yeah..."

"And if you aren't impressed yet I can give you a little swing of the hips and a model pose like I'm on the red carpet!"

"But don't let that sissy pose fool you I'm as ruff and tough as they come! "

"Haha! I'm just so darn cute! Can you handle it?"

"Okay...I'm pooped."

"I'll finish it up with some yoga."

"What you still here?"

"Ugh...something stinks and I know it isn't me. Proabably my mom's bad quips."

"Ugh...I'm done with this interview."

"Oh yeah that's right I can just get up and walk away!
C-ya! There's no stopping me now!"
No comments:
Post a Comment