Sunday, August 15, 2010

AVATAR, The Last Airbender

When Lincoln was just a baby Tysho and I use to watch Avatar, The LastAirbender, on Nickelodeon. At first it doesn't seem like much of a cartoon but once you watch one episode you will be hooked.

We stopped watching when we moved to Utah and I forgot all about it. Just a while ago since we've moved to Hawaii Tysho is old enough to navigate through his favorite tv shows and he can even use the dvr to record what he wants. Well to our great pleasure he found the Avatar again. And once again we were glued to the t.v. If you look at our recording on the dvr list you would have to scroll down at least 30 Avatar shows.

Since Rocky works during the day he wasn't there for our festivities. So on the weekends if the Avatar was ever on Tysho would yell out, "AVATAR!!!" Sure enough Lincoln and I would come running.
Rocky would say, "Man is this really a good cartoon or what?"

All together, "YES it is! Oh yes it is! It is the best!"

If you haven't watched the cartoon you should! Young or old you will become a fan.

Needless to say Rocky finally gave in sat down and watched an episode....well, he was hooked.

When we found out there was going to be a movie made our family was jumping with joy! We couldn't wait!
As soon as it came out we were there!
July 2, 2010 Avatar the Last Airbender was playing in the theaters and we were the #1 fans to see the movie. Our kids loved it! I liked it too but still find the cartoons to be way better.


If you are wondering why the kids have blue arrows on their forheads (thanks to Rocky) is because that is what the Avatar, Aang has on his forhead.




Aang in Avatar mode.


Our kids love to play Aang along with his friends and other benders. They take turns saying who has what power to bend. There are four elements that you can have to control over or "bend" the first is Air, second, Water, third Earth, and fourth is Fire.
Only the Avatar has all four elements and Aang's first main element as most used is Air. Usually the fight is over who gets to be the Avatar.
When we were all deciding indivdually who would get what element to bend Tysho said in the midst of it, "And MaeLee is Didi the crybender"...Haha! Oh Tysho what a good sense of humor you have. Of course that started a whole new game.

The following is a clip of Lincoln showing his Airbending moves!

2 comments:

  1. Chels I miss your blogging!!! We miss you guys!! Sounds like Hawaii is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I should mention that I thought Lincoln debut as the Airbender was pretty awesome! "Lincoln's got skillz!" or should I say "Chubby." Glad you enjoyed yourselves at the movies! Bj

    ReplyDelete