The invention of the nail clippers has been attributed to Chapel Carter in the year 1896.
(you may want to pay attention to the bolded date)
As of September 20, 2010 Rocky and I have officially been married for 13 years!
His Navajo Bit'ahnii stubborn side coming out!
"UUUGGGHHH!!!"
For some reason his favorite thing to do is pick them or tear them apart when we are in deep conversation.
It's his repellent for me to stop talking about the "feelings".
Cause I usually stop mid-sentence and walk out while he's doing his version of toe clipping.
Living in Hawaii, everyone wears flip-flops.
It's Rocky's Heaven, flip-flops and shorts.
Even when you go to church the men will have slacks, a white shirt and tie along with their local sandals. NO LIE!!!
As of September 20, 2010 Rocky and I have officially been married for 13 years!I didn't get my greatest gift of all until Sunday, October 17, 2010.
On our day of anniversary Rocky and I celebrated with the kids by watching the sun set on the ocean as we enjoyed a picnic dinner. Courtesy of my Mom and Dad the kids dined on a wonderful happy meal from McDonald's while Rocky and I had delicious take-out from a shrimp shack in Haleiwa. Along with a romantic evening and greatly enjoyed dinner we also received a fruit basket from my Mom and Dad, and it was made with love by the well-known talented hands of Bonnie Jean Gilmore.
Thank you Mom and Dad!
And Thank-you B.J. for making and delivering our wonderful fruit basket!
On our day of anniversary Rocky and I celebrated with the kids by watching the sun set on the ocean as we enjoyed a picnic dinner. Courtesy of my Mom and Dad the kids dined on a wonderful happy meal from McDonald's while Rocky and I had delicious take-out from a shrimp shack in Haleiwa. Along with a romantic evening and greatly enjoyed dinner we also received a fruit basket from my Mom and Dad, and it was made with love by the well-known talented hands of Bonnie Jean Gilmore.
And Thank-you B.J. for making and delivering our wonderful fruit basket!
Well Rocky and I have lots and lots of memories to look back on over the 13 years of wedded bliss. We also re-tell many stories of our 5 year long dating period prior to being married. I think the greatest thing of all is knowing we were meant for each other.
We love so many things about one another. I love Rocky for his well....He's just awesome okay. Let's just skip to the good stuff...
Every marriage has its ups and its downs. Its joys and its hardships. Its learning and its understanding. Its giving and its taking. Rocky and I's marriage has had its share of all of the above.
We laugh and we cry. We love and we fight. We always love to be with each other and in the end as long as he's the one who I see next to me I know I'm doing just fine.
But of all the 13 years that we have been married. I could NOT and I repeat could NOT get this guy to use a Toe Nail Clipper!
I pleaded. I begged. I cried. I screamed. I laughed at him. I rolled my eyes. I bribed. I taunted. I was even wounded by his gnarly toes ( gnarly not as in cool). Yes, he in fact refused to use a toenail clipper. Even when I shedded blood from his vampire like toenails that he could hang on the ceiling by, you know like from Lost Boys.
Rocky is overall a charismatic, funny, kind, lovable guy but to those whom he lets see his other side...
This guy is immovable. When he wants to...HE WILL! and when he doesn't want to...HE WON'T. But I have my ways to getting around that. Even if it does take me 13 years sometimes!
His million and one excuses of the past 13 years:
I say:
"Rocky they did invent the toenail clippers over a hundred years ago you know! I'm begging you to use them!"
He says: "My way is easier."
He says: "I can't find them."
I say: "There are two pairs in the drawer."
He says: "Guys don't care about that!?"
I say: "When you say guys are you referring to the CaveMen, aka CaveGuys?"
He says: "Nobody is looking at my feet."
I say: "I see them everyday and I'm going blind from the "ugly". "
He says: "They aren't that bad."
He says: "They aren't that bad."
I say: "Have you seen your feet? I mean the Hobbits on Lord of the Rings would be embarrassed?"
I just about gave up on the battle...
I just about gave up on the battle...
For some reason his favorite thing to do is pick them or tear them apart when we are in deep conversation.
It's his repellent for me to stop talking about the "feelings".
Cause I usually stop mid-sentence and walk out while he's doing his version of toe clipping.
Living in Hawaii, everyone wears flip-flops.
It's Rocky's Heaven, flip-flops and shorts.
Even when you go to church the men will have slacks, a white shirt and tie along with their local sandals. NO LIE!!!
My point being, Rocky is always wearing flip-flops so all of Hawaii is seeing his feet!
So I will now tell you what REAL LOVE is! I love him so much I finally broke down and said, "Okay. I give up. Sit down. I'm gonna do it for you."
Mind you even though I do my own and three little kids toes I will now officially add my husband's to the list.
His response: "Ok. Great. Just don't use any nail polish!"
"I do have a reputation to uphold."
Rocky...fact is I'm gonna save your reputation by saving your feet!
The following is not for the faint of heart. If you have no sense of humor what so ever then don't go further. Actually if you haven't laughed yet then you probably shouldn't be reading my blog all together cause I'm always messing around. Rocky and I are always laughing at each other so...trust me he knows I'm writing this and we will laugh about it for the next couple weeks until we find something else to laugh about.
October 2010 one hundred and fourteen years later, the clippers are appreciated for being invented!
I proped up Rocky's foot. Put on surgical gloves (just for the effect) got out the clippers, the file, the tiny grooming scissors, the foot creme, and yes the toenail polish but just the clear kind. But the greatest trick up my sleeve was I actually used my acrylic paints to come up with a masterpiece. It took me at least 3 different tries for each toe but I was able to come up with a match for a normal looking toenail.
Yes indeed,..I usually paint on a white canvas but this time my work was needed on a human toe! And that's right I stepped up to the challenge all in the name of true love.
So here it is:
WARNING
The following pictures may shock you!
They may make you scrunch up your nose.
I would put the cookie down if I were you.
They may even raise the hair on your arm and go all the way to
So I will now tell you what REAL LOVE is! I love him so much I finally broke down and said, "Okay. I give up. Sit down. I'm gonna do it for you."
Mind you even though I do my own and three little kids toes I will now officially add my husband's to the list.
His response: "Ok. Great. Just don't use any nail polish!"
"I do have a reputation to uphold."
Rocky...fact is I'm gonna save your reputation by saving your feet!
The following is not for the faint of heart. If you have no sense of humor what so ever then don't go further. Actually if you haven't laughed yet then you probably shouldn't be reading my blog all together cause I'm always messing around. Rocky and I are always laughing at each other so...trust me he knows I'm writing this and we will laugh about it for the next couple weeks until we find something else to laugh about.
October 2010 one hundred and fourteen years later, the clippers are appreciated for being invented!
I proped up Rocky's foot. Put on surgical gloves (just for the effect) got out the clippers, the file, the tiny grooming scissors, the foot creme, and yes the toenail polish but just the clear kind. But the greatest trick up my sleeve was I actually used my acrylic paints to come up with a masterpiece. It took me at least 3 different tries for each toe but I was able to come up with a match for a normal looking toenail.
Yes indeed,..I usually paint on a white canvas but this time my work was needed on a human toe! And that's right I stepped up to the challenge all in the name of true love.
So here it is:
WARNING
I would put the cookie down if I were you.
the hair on top your head.
Okay you've been warned.
Tano's,
ReplyDeleteI am glad you had an awesome wedding anniversary picnic! I don't know what else to comment on besides the fact that I am glad, you, Chelsea took care of Rocky's toe nails and toe hairs! JK I am glad to see that you are blogging once more! You have fun and interesting stories and I enjoy reading them! BJ