Thursday, October 21, 2010

Then you go and do something like this and Totally Redeem Yourself!

Okay so looking past my foot fetish...Rocky needs to be redeemed on some level.

Yes he did have issues with his grooming, but we were able to conquer that feat with a little bit of laughter. We now have moved on to greener and more barefoot-worthy pastures.

A couple days ago, Thursday Oct. 21st to be exact I came down with a horrible cold. A few days back I had a sour throat and headache. But, that morning as Rocky was getting up at 5 am to get ready for work, I started to talk and out came a horrible scratchy sound, the loss of my voice mixed with a dying cat. On top of that, I could barely move I felt so awful.

Knowing that we had a doctor's appointment for the boys check-ups and flu shots, Rocky said,"No way babe,...I'm gonna call in work and take care of you and our kids." It's rare for him to do this as he hates to take off work. Especially now as we are so grateful for the job he now currently has.

So here is a look into my day of being horribly ill and what Rocky is willing to do for his wife. That's all we get ladies is ONE day of being sick...but if you have a man like mine he'll make your sick day off worth it!


It always starts out with a glass of juice. Rocky's favorite remedy for the ill and bed ridden, white grape juice. He swears by it and it has become a staple in our home when we are sick. I actually love the stuff, but just ask Rocky it has to be very cold and watered down a bit. Ohhh...he just loves me for all my tiny requests per each food/drink I consume. Oh yeah and so does my mom...she just loves how long it takes me at a restaurant or even drive up to order EXACTLY what I want, the way I want.

After he made sure I was well taken care of he got Tysho off to school and took care of the little kids until it was time for their doctor appointments.

Next stop the doctor's office. Ugh...I think all of us moms can agree. It's the worst especially with three little ones and the struggle of keeping them still, all while they are knowing what's coming in the end. A Shot!!! Then a lot of crying and consoling.

I didn't have the heart to make him take MaeLee too since her appointment isn't for another two weeks. Although if it were me going I would of had all of them. But I spared him, and kept her with me.

He came home as soon as they were finished and relieved me of my diva daughter telling me of their ever tragic visit to the doctor, and all the woes that kids can bring at that dreaded place. With a sigh of, Be Glad You Were Not Me, he says,"On a scale of 1 to 10...Lincoln was a 3... barely. But then he got his shot and it made everything ok. " I laughed and said, "So you were happy in the end that your pain was redeemed by his pain". "Yep."he said. I know he was joking. He hates to see our kids hurt, but we were laughing inside looking at each other knowing how hard it is to be a parent. One of those small moments to share. But our boys have their shots and check-ups, refills on medications, asthma checked, eyes checked, and eczema checked. Now we can mark it off our list of to-do's that never seems to end.
We also shared a little time bragging to one another about our kids and the fact that Tysho is in the 98th percentile in height. Lincoln is in the 84th, and their weight is perfect. With all the pain that goes with the maintenance and doctors visits it's good to give each other pats of "Good Job! We must be doing something right." Although we actually know we don't have anything to do with it. We like to take the credit anyway.

Rocky took a breather for a second, made sure I was okay. Tucked me in bed and loaded up all the kids. He was off to get them out of the house and to pick up the filled prescriptions.

After that he took our kids to the Library here in Mililani. Being the good dad that he is he remembered in case of sleepy toddlers always have a folding stroller. Perfect, he remembered and that is where MaeLee spent her time while the kids ran from book to book in the library.


Tysho came home with a stack of books. He loves to read. We actually have to get after him to set the book down so he can come and eat dinner. Can you believe that? MY son loves to read. I'm not known for my love of reading, but I'm not going to tell him that! I am so impressed and pleased with this that we continue to encourage this love as much as we can. Lincoln follows Tysho's enjoyment for books because he wants to be just like his big brother.

After the library excursion, it's off to the park.



The greatest thing about living in Hawaii...parks are open all year round! The weather is always perfect to go to the park. Our kids love it! And Rocky's first list on the agenda is always the park. He plays catch, comes up with relay races and can chase them for hours.


Not only do we love the park, but we love having picnics at the park. And wouldn't you know it their dad gave them a doughnut picnic. Mom's gone so throw all nutrition out the window. Every time Rocky makes the kids meals I laugh because he doesn't worry so much about their vitamin intake as I do. But they sure enjoy it!



"Yep, my dad is pretty cool. He's a guy you can look up to."

"He's the kinda guy you can get excited about."

"So Yeah,...my dad's pretty o.k. Not bad at all."


After Rocky came home from enjoying the kids he went right into the kitchen and made me some homemade chicken noodle soup!

I am so excited for my boys to see their dad giving their mom so much love. It shows them such a good example what a loving husband is like. I also love that MaeLee can experience watching her dad so that she will not settle for anything less.

Since I'm going to give a redemption speech, I want to make it known some of the other things that I love about Rocky.

In our marriage Rocky has had to change his job title at least a dozen times. All for the hopes of following the Lord and our answers to our family prayers. Each new adventure has brought with it its hardships and trials, but it always has given us a better way to live and love in our marriage.

I am always so impressed by Rocky being able to adjust and learn so quickly a new job description.

In this picture he worked at an architectural firm, JSA. He was their lead Graphic Designer. And also asked to model in this picture for their web-site. Isn't he handsome. Just another hat to wear Rocky...Model.
Funny thing,...JSA was the job he was laid-off of January 15, 2009. But because of that trial it was what brought our family here to Hawaii. We wouldn't have made this decision if we had nothing else to lose! The Lord does work in funny ways.

Now here in Hawaii he is a 3-D Mechanical Designer for a company that is responsible for various military projects. Each day his job entails executing his confidential tasks for Department of Defense (DoD) objectives, that in turn help save lives of the men & women serving in the war in both Afghanistan and Iraq.

On top of being an amazing employee he also is willing to ride public transportation for our family budget.

Every time we see a bus like this the kids yell out in unison, "DAD! DAD! Your bus!"
Yep, good ole' bus 62.

Rocky is my number one fan.

Because Rocky works so hard I am able to stay home with our kids. Which is difficult being without a second income, but at the same time such a blessing as well.

I use to paint along time ago in junior high, high school and one class in college, but I gave it up. Until once upon a time, before we even had our kids. We were sitting around talking, I told Rocky that I would really like to start painting again.

That's all I had to say and he was my biggest supporter. He loves to go with me when I get my supplies,...he at times seems even more excited than me! His eyes light up ever time he sees me paint. And when I tend to stop here and there he is the one who gets me going again.

My dad of course is always my number one teacher and has given me the skills and know-how. I look up to my dad and want so much to be a successful artist as he is, but I always know Rocky will be the one cheering me on.

Besides the fact that Rocky is some eye candy. His voice is very soothing and his laugh is even better than his voice.
For everyone who knows Rocky you can't help but notice that infectious laugh. He is so fun to be around.

I think our most favorite thing to do together...well um...okay second is when we get the kids to bed and we watch our recordings on our DVR.

This guy is so awesome that he will spend his nights out of the week watching my shows!

What girl can live without Tyra Banks America's Next Top Model?


And Rocky did get something out of it. He posted this to his Facebook about the things he learns on ANTM....Not to have "Stupid" written on your chest and make this face!

Next on our list is of course some Project Runway...

You know how much Rocky loves me by the fact that he actually knows who Tim Gunn is!

And what would Project Runway be without seeing a couple BFF gay guys hugging?
Rocky's comment, "Do you see what I do for you? I look at stuff like this?" Haha. Well Rocky you're the one who took a photo of it with your Blackberry. Plus on the bright-side it will help you with your gay-phobia.
But I think the BEST thing to watch with Rocky is...

We have spend many hours watching Michael in action...


It's a well known fact that you can't watch the Office without Rocky because he will laugh through the entire thing making it ten times more funny. One episode Rocky laughed so hard I had to make sure he took a breath of air!

You know you are an Office fan when Grandma and Pa-Pa come to visit and in church your son draws a picture during sacrament of Michael Scott and Dwight with an entire monologue. My mom loved that one.
Okay, so there is a little scoop on my awesome husband, Rocky.
But that's not all...I think it best if I go ahead and make fun of my own feet. So to your amusement here is a picture of my feet.... when I was pregnant with Lincoln okay!


When I am pregnant I get so swollen that the doctors are baffled that I don't have blood pressure issues or toxemia. I could push my fingers into the top of my foot and leave indentations. I can barely walk and NO! I can't get any shoes on.
"Get the girl a chair her cankles might explode any moment!" (cankles: legs that have no ankle it goes straight from the calf to the foot.)

And oh yeah...the chicken noodle soup was delicious. Cook book worthy. Thank-you Rocky for all that you do!

1 comment:

  1. Chelsea, Rocky has been TOTALLY redeemed! LOL! I love how much you two love each other! It reminds me so much of Dallas and I! I hope you feel better. BTW I love Didi's cute pictures with the shades! BJ

    ReplyDelete