You said you didn't want me to do my usual book long Father's Day cards, and I think you may have enjoyed the giant Dragonfly Balloon too much and I'm sure you don't want a quick snap shot of yourself in an unpleasant angle, so I will keep this simple.
I love you Dad.
You are my inspiration, my example and my Hero.
My gift from you was inheriting the ability to see Color. In your examples you taught me about having humble kindness. My most favorite memory with you is when we danced together at my wedding.
I am most thankful to you for one main thing that has happened in my life. You stood aside and let me choose the boy I wanted to be with even though you had to witness your daughter go through the hardest time of her life.
And I will never forget how when that time came you stood beside me and fought for me when my persecution had become enough. In that time you said, "I stood aside for so long because I loved you and you asked me too. But this time...This time I will fight for you my daughter."
You taught me something that day. That I am somebody's daughter, somebody's sister, somebody's friend, somebody's mother, somebody's wife and I am worth it,...to be loved. Thank-you Dad for loving me. I love you with all my heart and I am grateful everyday to my Father in Heaven for blessing me to be your daughter. Your baby girl always, love Chelsea.
But by far the best thing that you've done as our Dad was...
To choose MOM!!!
She is THE BEST!
"PA-PA!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!"
Pops! Wow, it's my turn to say something and I have so much to say when I think of you and all that you are....But believe it or not, I'm not fighting back the tears, instead, I'm fighting the temptation to laugh at our most recent encounter with the Tongan Lenny Bear here at the PCC!! Man, I've been laughing about that since you left! See, that's one thing I truly admire about you, a gift that you have and that's to make me laugh so hard, my stomach hurts. I'm sorry that the majority of the time, it's on your behalf. :) (It's all in love though)
Frank, I've lived on this earth for 34 years, and in all those years I want you to know that I've truly been blessed to have a Father like you! Your every being radiates your love for life, your family, and most of all, the Savior Jesus Christ. I've seen you demonstrate love beyond what I could ever do and you've taught me so much about myself, especially in those moments when I wasn't my greatest. You've been there for me more than you'll ever know. Not by suffocating me with articulate/fancy words, not by buying me expensive gifts, and not by trying to be someone other than yourself. You are who you are and that's the epitomy of a man that I want to become. Thanks Pops for all your love, support, wisdom, patience, and great example for me and my family. The Lord has truly been to good to me in blessing my life with Chelsea, and more so, with amazing parents like yourself and LaRue. Happy Father's Day, to one of the greatest Fathers I know!
Love, Rocky
Oh yeah Dad this is Chelsea again,
Okay...okay sorry but dad it wouldn't be a card from me if I didn't add one last thing...
ALOHA!!!
haha...you know what I mean. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment