Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day Rocky!

Sunday, June 20th 2010
Our family...with one Proud Daddy, three Kids that Adore him, and a Wife that just can't get enough of her Rock.

Happy Father's Day Rocky!
We love you!

For your gifts you received some of your favorite foods..

Kim Chee, that he was dying for. Every time we go to the store he says in a loud, very excited voice, "OH BABE,..BABE! Please let's get this Kim Chee!" Of course I know the budget and usually it's the essentials. So I in turn scrunch up my nose and say, "Eeww Rocky! No...No...How about some strawberries instead?"
SPAM! I mean this is an absolute staple in our home thanks to Rocky. I use to hate Spam. But because I love Rocky so much I had to find a way to make my taste buds surrender to one of his fav's. I mean the guy wanted a SPAM calender one year! Which that was taking it a bit too far.
NOTI, (Have no idea how to spell it. AKA seaweed wrap for sushi rolls) I just thought,..hey I don't like it at all so...Rocky will probably like to make a Spam, Rice, Seaweed kinda wrap thing. He always tries to get them here for us as a treat. They sell them everywhere I look here in Hawaii like a candy bar! Again,..the excited look, "BABE I know! Does anyone want a Spam sushi roll?" I don't even have to give him the scrunched nose look it's a straight out, "NO." "But you go right on ahead and knock yourself out with one of them Spam rolls,...I'll stick with my Skor bar."
ALMOND JOY, it was for dessert. I don't like it at all, but he and Tysho do! I usually like to surprise him with it every now and then just to say...I was thinking of you!

I would have got him a bag of sticky rice, which I believe he probably loves more than me, but we already have 20 lbs. of it in our cupboard. Just the other day he came home with a 10 lb bag and was so excited because he saw it on sale and "I just had to get it! How cool is that?!" Very cool Rocky,...very cool. Don't mess with this man and his rice,...Seriously don't. Right Aunt Jeanne!

Also for his present we went to Sunset Beach with everyone (Our family, Dallas and B.J's family, my Mom, and Kiana) and had a picnic with some Korean Chicken and of course Rice. We had so much fun that I didn't even bother to take one picture!

Now on to the Father's Day Card...

I decided to make him one on our blog with the kids.

"Tysho why do you love Dad?"

And this is the look he gave me followed by "Uhhhh.....I'm not sure..."

Me: "Come on Tysho this is for Father's Day...you can give me one thing."

"Cause he plays Madden 2010 with me!"

Huh...that is always the answer this 7 yr. old gives who only has one thing on his mind. Games,...games and more games"Okay Tysho come on not just games. You say that every time. Dad does alot with you! How about all the things he talks to you about and stories he tells you and things he explains to you and teaches you?"

"Yeah...he does. He tells me about alot of things and sometimes it's kinda boring."

"Uh...Tysho!!! You are just being weird. Go play then!"

"Oh...but he does teach me about football and stuff..."

Okay, Tysho I get it. Your not in the mood to be put on the spot to answer my question. But I know what Tysho loves about his dad because I see him light up every time his Dad walks into a room.


Tyhso loves to learn. He is constantly reading anything he can. He asks tons and tons of questions. He wants to know about everything and more.

Tysho's dad would do anything for him. His daddy loves to talk to Tysho about anything and everything! He always holds the greatest respect for Tysho and takes every thought and question Tysho has as The most interesting question ever given. Sometimes I even wonder myself how Rocky knows so much about the weirdest, oddest questions a 7 yr. old might have! "Dad who are the Vikings?" "Dad how many sharks are there in the world?" "Dad how do video games work?"


My most favorite quality about Tysho's dad is this....He always encourages Tysho to dream as far as his mind will take him. His daddy never puts him down, he is always positive and pushes him to explore who he is and how he fits into the world around him.


"Dad do you think one day I could be a football star?"
"Yes Tysho...Yes I do."

"Son,... You can be anything you want to be, and I will always be proud of you."


Now for Lincoln, "Chubby" 's turn.


"Lincoln, why do you love your daddy?"



Me:"Okay yes,..that's a very funny face but tell me why you love Daddy?"

Lincoln: "Cause my buns....Ha! Ha! Ha!" "I love my Daddy cause..."



"He hugs me!"



"He kisses me!"


"He takes me to da BEACH!"




And the main reason Lincoln loves his Daddy is of course...





His Daddy is a Real Live SuperHero!

He is THE strongest, THE bravest, and THE most playful Daddy around. And he knows everything there is to know about Sharks, Sports, Spiderman, and Transformers! He can fix any toy and will wrestle for hours.

Lincoln loves that his Daddy is always willing to make him a pot of sticky rice for the two of them to share no matter the time of day.

I've never seen a child jump and run so fast as Lincoln when his Daddy comes through the door from work.


The last thing he said is "I love my Daddy when he Stays Home with Me!"


Okay MaeLee... Dee-Dee the Diva...


"Why do you love your Daa-Daa..."


This is an easy one..."I am his little princess of course."




Just look at how he will carry me anywhere I want to go.
I have all kinds of magical powers over him.



He always tells me how I have THE loudest voice in the house and doesn't mind at all when I want to yell at the top of my lungs.


I get to pout and cry anytime I like and he'll calm me down...usually by getting my mommy right away! And if she's busy he'll take me for a walk outside.



I can make him laugh like crazy when I do my weird faces. I have many, but this one he asks me to make all the time. "Do the Ugly look" he says and I do it just so he can laugh and laugh.


He is my Prince. And he tells me all the time I can't find another Prince until I'm at least 30.



My Daa-Daa will always be there to catch me when I fall.

"I love you Dad!" Love, Tysho "the police-officer".

"I love you Daddy!" Love, Lincoln "Chubby's Pantry"

"I love you Daa-Daa!!" Love, MaeLee "Dee-Dee the Diva"



Now for mommy's turn...

I love my "Baby's Daddy" because...


He's just plain HOT! Yee-ow-zers!

"He's cute as a button and kisses like a nymphomaniac on death row!" (inside joke.)
I love you babe. Happy Father's Day.

And THANK-YOU!!!!! For everything you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment