Sunday, September 25, 2011

We moved....again.

September 2nd, 2011 our family moved to Prescott Valley, Arizona!
It's Sunday, September 25th and we have finally made enough improvements in our living arrangements to go to church! Our brand new ward is Agua Fria!
Although I wasn't able to make it since I of course came down with the flu...cold...not sure which but I just plain didn't feel well.
Moving is exhausting, and for the first couple weeks it feels like you can't seem to find anything! Especially when you move to Hawaii and sell everything. Then have to buy everything from salt and pepper shakers to linens.... Then you turn around and leave Hawaii in which you again have to sell everything and start the process all over again.
But this time Rocky and I decided to settle for "no Craigslist sales". Not to say we haven't been extremely grateful in the past for Craigslist, but that is pretty much all we have done lately so this was a nice change for us. We worked really hard on a huge project the last two months and with it we got new mattresses, beds, lamps, a couch, and tv's...and everything else you need down to the toothbrush holders.
So that was a truly wonderful feeling and blessing. Our kids squealed with delight to pick out their new beds and bedding. They haven't ever had their very own new beds so this was an amazing experience for all of us. We still are in the process of completing our living areas. But we are getting there step by step.
Our kids are very happy as you can see their smiling faces as they sit on our new stairs.
We have a lovely home with two huge living spaces. The main floor is where my mom stays and my dad comes to stay on the weekends. As for the upstairs we have our own family living room, nook for our table, and bedrooms. It is a great place and we love it!
So as for now this will be the arrangement for the next year until my dad retires, then who knows what is next for our Tano family.
But so far we are really enjoying Prescott Valley. It is a wonderful place!
I have a lot of catching up to do... and I will as time goes on. So stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Rocky, Chelsea, Tysho, Lincoln, & MaeLee,
    I am proud of your accomplishement!! You deserve to have new things and I am grateful for your many blessings!! The kids look wonderful and I can tell they are extremely happy with their new transition. I would love to see pics of their room decor. Wish we could come and visit you, but that will have to wait until later. Love BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. More pics please.=) im dying up here with not being able to see the house and all of my family.

    ReplyDelete