April 28th, 2010
We said "Aloha", "Hello" Hawaii...
That is the plane ride by myself... a ton of luggage, not to mention all the carry-ons that only I could carry!
Note to self... Never and I mean Never attempt flying alone with three small children across the ocean again!
NEVER!!!
MaeLee was only one year at the time and after our lay-over in Washington she was done!
Oh not to mention that Lincoln sat down right in the middle of the ramp to get on the plane and cried, "Mommy carry me!" he would not move an inch while I had 6 carry-ons strapped to my body, a diaper bag, a purse, and a computer and oh also I carried my one year old baby.
Uh... sure Lincoln just hop on my back!?
As for MaeLee well she cried...for 6 hours while we flew over the ocean. Even the flight-attendants walked her up and down the aisle for me.
When I thought I couldn't go a minute longer bouncing MaeLee in the very back seat crunched over a little old lady I asked someone for the time surely we had to be landing in Hawaii soon.
"Oh no you poor dear, " stated the stewardess, "we have only been in the air for under two hours we have a good 4 and a half more to go."
I thought I was going to die, actually I was wishing I could.
So hence,... THE worst day in my entire life!!!
However, Tysho and Lincoln were excited to be on the plane and see their daddy waiting for us in Hawaii!
It was all worth it once I got to be in Rocky's nice BIG Asian, Navajo, Filipino arms again.
"Oooh la la la.... mi amore."
April 4th, 2011
Almost a year later...
We say "Aloha" to Hawaii, but this time it's "good-bye"...
for now any how.
Life has a funny way of changing things just when you think you know what you're doing...
then you are shown...uhhh think again.
But if you can count on one thing in life that is definitely things will change.
So be flexible right! Adventurous, Free-spirited... Optimistic!
At the time we were preparing to move to Maui.
Rocky had been applying to the Maui Police Force and was close to the end of the process.
Also just as an added bonus my painting was accepted by the Hana Coast Gallery in Maui.
"Dancer's Prayer"
I will never forget the call I got from the Gallery's Manager saying they would be pleased to have my painting hang in their Gallery.
Wow... I felt so humbled and filled with joy.
When Rocky and I got it framed and sent it off the first person I called was my Dad.
Rocky and I are very excited for my career to be started.
Hawaii was a wonderful place full of beauty and spirit. Truly I became greatly inspired and for this I will be forever grateful.
But as Rocky and I have always tried to follow the Spirit, and make choices according to what the will of the Lord is, we came to another big decision.
It came through prayer and many wonderful answers. At the time, Rocky and I were quite perplexed and not quite sure why it was happening the way it was.
We seemed to be moving forward with moving to Maui as our goal, but while we knew this to be a good plan we were told not to go.
There was something else needed before we continued on into our plans. While we waited and waited what seemed like eternity for the Lord to carry us through to the next step we found ourselves at a loss.
We moved in with BJ, Melissa and the kids for a month while we continued to ponder and pray. We were tested with all our faith possible.
In the end, we decided to pack up a few things to leave with BJ, sold our car, loaded up our suitcases and took a flight back to Utah.
I was broken-hearted, and confused. But with Rocky by my side and the help and comfort of my wonderful sister-in-law, BJ, and all three of my awesome brothers Colby, Wyatt, and Dallas. I made it through.
BJ has a beautiful gift of faith. She believes in the Lord through good and bad. I am always amazed at her willingness to serve him with her whole heart. I'm not talking about serving as in cleaning the church, or doing her calling. While she does that too, I'm talking about serving him with her belief even if it means changing a wrong or standing by someone she believes in.
She was truly a shoulder that I was able to cry on at this troubling time. I don't let just anyone see me cry, but BJ just has that soft way about her that lets you know you can lean on her with assurance you will be safe.
And during that month...I did just that. I am not a cryer at all. In fact I loathe crying, but this time as I had felt we had given up everything and sacrificed so much to get to Hawaii...why then were we leaving?
Also I loved Hawaii with my whole soul. I felt I had truly found home.
But, the Lord has His ways and Rocky and I without understanding why? had to put all our Faith in Him.
I'll never forget the pain taking over and how the tears just came tumbling down my face. Never a sound did I make, just tears that wouldn't stop streaming down my cheeks as I took in everything around me, the beautiful green, the smell of the air, the warmth on my skin.
Then...Why?
BJ sat beside me many times and said she was proud of me and said we will do the right thing, she knew we would.
She was full of hope and belief in me when I honestly was not.
Thank you BJ for that.
But as for our time with her, the kids, and Melissa that month...well, we laughed A LOT!
And with that trial I believe that Rocky and I got an unexpected gift, it was Melissa.
We gained an amazing relationship with someone I never knew before.
And let me just say, don't ever judge someone before you spend a month in their home, because you will be sorry if you do.
Melissa was a spunky, fun, kind, delightful, beautiful, and full of humor!
My cup of tea!
You Rock "Legs"-lissa!
We had many great nights with BJ and Melissa. That will always be a blessing.
And oh yes, of course the kids had a BLAST with each other too!
Except maybe MaeLee and Ammon. haha. They fought like cats and dogs, but eventually we know they are going to BFF's really soon, they just need another year or two to get out of the baby stage.
Ammon is thinking, "Hmm.... so do I push her off the swing, throw a ball at her head, or just wrestle her to the ground?"
Ahhh.... nope! Good boy Ammon, he decided to join her!
NY Giants Fans!!! Rocky is the happiest uncle ever!
Eventually, the nights of watching, American Idol, Chuck, and Sister Wives came to an end and we boarded the plane with heavy hearts and flew back to the mainland.
But not before Sariah could dress up the boys in her girly outfits!
Tysho must have got away somehow.
Notice our luggage behind them ready for the plane all weighed out to 50 lbs on the dot!
We will miss our most favorite people...
And Rusty, Deanne and kids.
And of course my favorite person of all Auntie Nogi.
Also all of Rocky's other Aunties, Uncles, and cousins... and Amy Gene. :)
But we will see you again soon.
Until we meet again Hawaii, you will be in our dreams always.
While we may miss Hawaii and the people we had to leave behind, we were greeted with many loving faces that we missed dearly here on the mainland.
And we eventually got our answer as to why we needed to leave Hawaii for the time being.
The Lord is truly gracious and loving.
We all received the answer at the same time one Sunday afternoon in a testimony meeting.
We came back to help my mom move out of Kayenta.
She is very very ill at this time. More than she lets anyone believe. Had we not come back we would not have known how dire her situation, and my father's and my younger sister's had become. As she has suffered from a major stroke two years earlier and also suffers with rheumatoid arthritis, as well as re-occurring mini-strokes (T.I.A.'s) she is in great need of help.
Rocky and I are thankful every day that the Lord was so kind to lead us here to help during this time.
As my husband put it, "I feel it an honor to help our generation that comes before us. I'm so happy and grateful we are in a position where we can be here to help mom."
I feel the same. And I know my mom would have never let our family come back if it were for that reason, and that was why we were not told until later, after our trial of faith.
As of now we have some wonderful plans in place for her, my dad, and Kiana. We have also received opportunities for our family which will lead us further in our dreams and goals as a family.
We are truly blessed.
It was humbling to read your post. Both Dallas and I know you did what was best for your family and we are so proud of your commitment to do what the Lord would have you do. We miss the family VERY much, so much we are coming home to see everyone! Can't wait! See you soon! BJ
ReplyDelete