Monday, May 9, 2011

Tysho is Baptized

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Today will go in my life's book as one of my top most favorite days.
Rocky and I's first baby is now not a baby anymore.
Tysho Sunhawk Tano was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, by his daddy, Rocky Redhouse Tano.
Wahiawa 3rd ward. Oahu, Hawaii


Rocky made a wonderful program that included Christ being baptized on the front.
On the inside Rocky chose his favorite picture of Christ by Greg Olsen.
Here he included the program:

Aunt BJ gave the opening prayer
We sang I am a Child of God.
One of Tysho's favorite cousin's Sadie gave a talk on Baptism.
She did a wonderful job. She had poster boards with pictures as she gave her most precious talk and testimony.
I have never been more proud of my beautiful niece.

The baptism was performed.

Afterwards Tysho's great Uncle Dean gave a talk on the Holy Ghost.
I was so moved and inspired by Rocky's Uncle's testimony. He is a very busy man, but he always made time for our family and included us in all their family events.
Uncle Dean is in the Stake Presidency and when Rocky called to ask if he could give a talk at Tysho's baptism the night before (due to unknown events).
Uncle Dean accepted "with great honor" as he put it.
He had a long line of important meetings that Saturday and also had previous speaking engagements, but he canceled them all and said to Tysho, "family is more important. I came today because this is something that you cannot miss. We are your family and you were my highest priority."
I cannot say enough how much I felt a huge swelling of love for Uncle Dean to show such love and true charity of Christ.
He also talked about his best friend growing up and how it is the same feeling to have the Holy Ghost be with you as well.

Tysho was confirmed and given the Holy Ghost by his Dad.
What a beautiful blessing and filled with such promise for Tysho to become a wonderful man and an example for the world as one who will have faith in the Lord.

Brother Winstead gave the closing remarks and gave Tysho a candy lei and told him what it represented. He said each part is showing the most important parts of your life, baptism and being confirmed two of them. It was such a heart felt and moving testimony as well.
The Spirit was felt by everyone and we were able to close with Tysho's request of
Teach Me to Walk in the Light
Rocky's cousin Jarom gave the closing prayer.


The Tano Family
and BJ representing the Gilmore's.

from left to right
Back Row
B.J. (My brother Dallas's wife), Ammon (Dallas n BJ's youngest), Melissa(BJ's sister),
Auntie Nogi (Rocky's Late Uncle Jimmie's wife), Amy Gene(Rocky's cousin),
Uncle Darrell(Rocky's Uncle), Auntie Colleen (Uncle Darrell's wife), Chelsea, Lincoln, Rocky,
Barry(Rocky's cousin), Deanne(Rocky's cousin), Bryce(Rocky's cousin),
Na'i(Bryce's wife), Aubrey(Bryce and Na'i s baby girl),
Uncle Dean(Rocky's Uncle), Auntie Carol(Uncle Dean's wife), Jarom(Rocky's cousin)

from left to right
Front Row
Peter (Barry's son), Sadie(Dallas's oldest), Sariah(Dallas's 3rd oldest), Tysho,
MaeLee, Sophie(Dallas's 2nd oldest), Erika(Deanne's youngest), Kirsten(Deanne's 2nd oldest)

What a wonderful group for the most wonderful day.
But of course what would a wonderful day be without life's
quirky events

Of course Lincoln had to be grumpy the whole day and cried most of the time. He was so bad I almost missed the actual baptism as I was tending to my crying 3 yr old. But Rocky waited to say the baptismal prayer just for a second until he saw I had time to look.
MaeLee would not keep her flower in her hair and off came her shoes and her stockings as soon as we arrived.
Rocky dunked Tysho down really far and held him for quite a time just to make a good check nothing was sticking out.
As for Tysho,...well when he came out of the baptismal font he came up with a huge loud yell that echoed through-out the whole cultural hall and looked something like this...
As he came out like Wolverine he shouted, "RRRAhaaahhhhh,.....IT'S COLD!"

We all were so surprised! Every one looked around at one another waiting to see who would make the first reaction.
I'm not sure who belted out the first laugh, but eventually we were all grinning from ear to ear.

Per Tysho's request...

We finished it off with breakfast at Ihop!
Life is Good.

1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh when I saw the pic of wolverine, that is exactly how tysho looked when he came out of the baptismal font! You documented everything Chels and that is wonderful...good memories to remember! I still can picture us at the baptism and at ihop enjoying some much needed grub. Miss you! BJ

    ReplyDelete