Thanksgiving 2009....last year I know I know.

Happy Thanksgiving! We spent last year in Kayenta with my family for Thanksgiving. Which is something I've done my entire life. I love love love Thanksgiving. The sounds of my mom bustling in the kitchen. The smells of all the wonderful food. I love watching my mom cook as we talk and I chop up all foods she wants me to. Rocky also loves to cook and he jumps right in getting into the action! I believe he made the yam casserole that is full of sugar! And last, my dad busily getting ready to make a breakfast meal right in the middle of my mom's Thanksgiving preparations! Haha. Oh dad,... the man can not go without his breakfast on his days off!
Thanksgiving in the Gilmore family has always been a wonderful day indeed.

It's a tradition to have Colby sitting on the couch watching the football games.
The table set and ready almost time to eat! Tysho waiting patiently...

You could always find Aunt Kiana through out the day with MaeLee in her arms!

Ahhh....Daddy with his baby girl.

Thanksgiving would not be complete without something special made by my artistic dad. Just look at the bird sculpture he made out of an apple!

And of course the best...eating!
After a prayer and blessing of thanks for the food everybody grinds!
On the menu for today...
Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Stuffing, Cranberries, Veggie Tray, Corn on the Cob, Berry Salad, Fruit Salad, Sweet Yam Casserole, and my addition the 7 layer chip dip. Rocky's addition his own recipe for a ice cream soda strawberry delicious drink.
But our greatest tradition for Thanksgiving...

My Grandma's secret recipe homemade rolls.
My mom spends an entire day the day before just on the rolls alone!
Thanksgiving is not complete without them!
Grandma thank-you for creating this yummy tradition for us. We miss you in the heavens above.
Then after we finish eating...the next best tradition
Sleeping!

Tysho is laying underneath the table, but for some reason he didn't want me to take his picture and I seemed to find the same attitude with everyone else!

The boys under the table...sleeping off the food.
Tysho is not one for taking naps so he is watching football of course!

Colby,...

Kiana, a.k.a. "Sweets!"
All snuggled up.

Pops! Ok. ok. Dad I will leave you alone to sleep in peace.
As for my mom. I spared her the embarrassment!

I even took a snooze on the couch myself.
After we all sleep we have dessert!
Every kind of pie possible,...apple, cherry, pumpkin, razzleberry, and pecan.
I love Thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment