Friday, November 12, 2010

Laie Temple Open House

Saturday, November 6, 2010 we went to the Laie temple open house on the Oahu island of Hawaii. This was a very special experience. Rocky and I were thrilled we could take this opportunity to share with our three precious kids.
We were able to see all the new renovations which were beautiful. The artwork of course was my favorite part.
MaeLee loved the baptismal font with the oxen. She made the loudest noises in our group that echoed throughout the room. "OOOhhhh!" She exclaimed then made a growl noise which she does for every animal there is even butterflies growl.
Lincoln and Tysho were extraordinarily good. It must have been the spirit they felt because they barely made a sound. The most excited I saw them was when we went into a sealing room. There they asked Rocky and I alot of questions about when we were married in the temple. Lincoln wonders why he wasn't there when we were married. I tell him he was looking at us from heaven, but he came after!
Here we all are after we exited the temple from the back, and all took off our little white booties on our feet.
Minus MaeLee who refused to wear them. Rocky ended up removing her shoes and carrying her most of the time.
Afterwards we enjoyed the delicous cookies and bottled water.
I'm filling out the comment card:
So what was every one's comment?

Okay so besides "Can we have seconds on the cookies" what were some of the temple experience comments:
Dad ( aka Rocky) : "I feel like I've taken a full circle. I came into the Laie temple to take out my endowments 15 years ago and now I'm here again with my wife and kids."
He also leaned over to me after we left the celestial room and whispered,"I thought of you the whole time I was sitting right here 15 years ago, and now you are right here next to me in the very same place." I smiled while he gave me a kiss on the cheek. So sweet!
Mom ( aka Chelsea) : "This is everything I needed to remind me of the true blessings I have, my husband, my family, and the gospel. Now I can keep going with that feeling of my true foundation."
I am not one to tear up, but every time feel the spirit, especially the way I did this day walking with my sweet little family into the Lord's house I can't help but have a mist of tear drops fill my eyes.
Tysho: "I am going to visit every temple there is around the whole world!
But by myself of course because I am not getting married. I'm just going to stay with you guys all the time."
Haha! Oh Tysho I loved when he said he's going to see every temple in the world with so much excitement and commitment! Although I keep reminding him that when he's 16, and girls are interesting to him I'm going to tease him about his second comment. Rocky and I always say to him, "Tysho we want y0u to get married! Then we can have our grandkids!"
"Ewww! No!", he says with a scrunched up nose.
Lincoln: "Is that a pool?" Lincoln was mostly impressed that Heavenly Father's house had a pool.
MaeLee was only interested in one thing,...leaving!
We packed our beach stuff because after we planned to go to the beach, and she refused to wear her dress. Instead she insisted on her swimming suit and her most favorite skirt. I forced her to at least wear a shirt while we went through the temple, that luckily we had extra in the car!
She was a typical squirmy rambunctious toddler through out the whole experience.
After the temple we went to a great local place to get a bite of food.
After we finished our lunch it was raining pretty good so we caught a movie, MegaMind! Which we all loved.
When we got out of the movie the weather was perfect again so we headed to Sunset Beach.
MaeLee is in her Heaven!
The waves were a lot bigger than we are use to since it's heading into the winter season.


Daddy with his boys!

This is typical for MaeLee:
"DA! DA!" She starts crying for her dad to take her down with the boys too!

And just as he comes running to her call...
She starts giving him the hand, "Awe forget it! Your too slow for my demands!"
Check out Rocky's face in the background! Priceless.


We took a walk along the beautiful beach.




What a way to end the most Perfect Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment