Wednesday, December 2, 2009

August 28, 2009 Wyatt and Alma's Wedding

Yes! My baby brother finally tied the knot on Friday August 28, 2009. We are so thrilled and happy for this beautiful couple. Just take a look at Wyatt's face and it says enough.





Our family traveled up to Utah on Wednesday and stayed at a motel courtesy of my parents. Thanks mom and dad. And from the moment we got there we had small disaster after another. I mean what wedding doesn't come with it's mishaps? This long awaited wedding was no exception to the rule.

First, the shopping was completely exhausting. If anyone knows what living in Kayenta is like with no malls around to shop at you know what I'm saying. The very next morning very early we all arose to get ready to shop til we dropped literally. With three little kids 6, 2, and 4 months it was not an easy feat. We had to get our outfits! It was excruciating to say the least. In the middle of our busy schedule Rocky and Lincoln also had to take time out to get fitted for tuxedo's. At the end of the day we were exhausted and all the kids were crying.

The next morning of the actual wedding day while Wyatt is leisurely golfing mind you, we were again finding ribbon for the baby's dress, a matching hair bow, jewelry, a shirt, socks, shoes,...on and on. Finishing up the shopping we didn't get done the night before.

So we get back to the motel and my mom tells us that Wyatt needs photos that Rocky took of them for their wedding announcements. "WYATT!!!!" Just hours before and we find this out? Rocky didn't even bring his copy of the photos so he's busy trying to find some of them on Facebook. But first we promised the kids we would take them swimming. So we did take them swimming for about an hour, we fed them, and hoped we would have enough time to get showered and ready for the wedding.

So, I'm trying to get ready with the kids crying and asking for everything under the sun and the moon while Rocky is trying to find these photos. Then he gets a hold of some and Alma asked for me to pick them out. So I spend about a good 30 minutes picking out photos.

Also Wyatt was in charge of getting the wedding license. "It was his only job," quoted from his bride Alma. My mom asks Wyatt if he got it done and AFTER his golfing he says, "Oh yeah I'm going right now." Now my mom is worried, "Uhhh Wyatt you should have done that by now." Wyatt of course is not phased one bit even when he has to call his bride who is in the middle of her hair appointment to come down and sign the marriage license! She tells me that she was so mad at Wyatt that she could hardly even speak to him when she gets there the lady helping them keeps looking at her all funny and says, "And you guys are getting married?"

Again, Alma is a sweetie and Wyatt is such an awesome brother but really... good luck Alma!

Then as my parents and Kiana are getting ready Wyatt asks my mom to put up signs to direct the guests to the wedding.

So my mom runs to the store to get posters, markers, balloons, and so on. While she's trying to get ready for her son's wedding.

Meanwhile,....upstairs we pick the photos, now Rocky has to find an alphagraphics and prepare the photos and send them to get printed. I'm still trying to get myself ready with the kids very upset. Finally Rocky is done and I look at the time. "No, No...that can't be the time!" Sure enough 15 minutes before we should be leaving Rocky and the kids are not ready! I also barely have my make-up on, and have not even touched my hair or gotten dressed yet! So now we start in panic mode. Clothes are flying, and everyone is yelling or crying.

Now we are 15 minutes late and as I throw my hair rollers out I yell at Rocky, "Hurry, hurry just get the kids even though MaeLee's not dressed, and throw them in their carseats I'll meet you out there." I of course don't have my hairspray so I use an alternate and it gives me serious helmet hair. I grab a bag and start shoving everything around me I can think of...diapers, wipies, MaeLee's dress, turquoise, Tysho's socks, a bottle,....on and on.

Right before I head out the door I tried to cut a tag off of a ring I was going to wear and oops! The scissors slipped and cut a huge chunk out of my finger. Now my finger was gushing blood everywhere. I wrapped a towel around it and it bled right through. I was suppose to be out in the car right now. I ran to the front desk and the lady there help me squeeze my cut together and we wrapped five band aids around it. Which it bled through all of them. I put another towel around my finger and held it above my head and just ran out to the car.

We picked up the photos and were off to meet up with 5 o'clock traffic! We were already late and now we were going to be even more late. Oh yeah and I hadn't polished my toenails so in the car with a bleeding finger I polished them on the way there. An hour later we were coming close to where the ceremony was to take place and we saw the signs my parents were putting up pointing the way...unfortunately it was the wrong way! As we were following the signs we then saw my parents drive past i the opposite direction? Huh? We called them and my mom was almost in tears, "We put up all the signs to give directions and they are not even right. So now we have to go gather the signs and put them up in the right direction."
But we made it late, bad hair, bleeding finger, and all. I of course had to dress MaeLee as soon as we got there but it was just in time.


The beautiful bride, Alma and her dad walking her down the aisle.

Alma was a gorgeous bride even with her hair appointment interrupted.


We love you Alma. She had a story of her own about the craziness that happened on her wedding day. She had me laughing and laughing, but it would take me too long to go through her side. But it was funny.


Rocky was one of Wyatt's groomsmen so he escorted one of Alma's bridesmaids. The story behind this was I was so caught of guard by another girl with her arm around Rocky's that I almost leaped across and tackled the girl. As shocked as I was and even though I accidentally yelled out, "Hey! I don't like that!" I composed myself and reminded myself that we were at a wedding. It's funny how 12 years of marriage can do that to you. My cousin's all called it before Rocky even walked down the aisle with her. They warned the girl that I would probably give her the finger across the throat sign and the my eyes are watching you sign. They all had a good laugh but actually they were right! I told Alma later and she laughed at me.



Wyatt, my dad, and Wyatt's groomsmen: J.J. Rocky, Alek, Lane, and Marlin (Dallas and Colby respectively but they were both in the active service of the Army at the time)



Alma and her bridesmaids.






The actual ceremony:




The perfect kiss.


Mr. and Mrs. Wyatt Gilmore!




Seeing my brother this happy: Priceless!

Our family. We did miss Dallas and B.J. and their kids as well as Colby.

Alma's awesome family. They are extremely gracious and kind and my parents were thrilled for this fact.

Mr. and Mrs. Rocky Tano and family!






Wyatt dancing with Mom. It was unforgettable.

Wyatt serenaded his new wife. It was so awesome that my comment was, "Now that makes you want to get married all over again."

We had a blast at Wyatt and Alma's wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony and the reception was amazing.

Lincoln enjoying the girls. I also caught him many times lifting up ladies' dresses and holding up their skirts. That silly boy. I was surprised that the tuxedo held up to his constantly rolling around on the ground with Tawnya Begay's kids. Lincoln is our social butterfly. He was all smiles and hugging just about everyone.

Tysho is a die-hard for cake! He definitely enjoyed the cake. Since Alma is a chef she had all kinds of good desserts there! About three or four to choose from. Tysho was in heaven. He also danced with his feet moving as he sat in his chair. I tried to get him to dance with me, but he said, "No mom my feet will only dance while I sit here." I love my sweet and shy Tysho so much it hurts.


MaeLee was happy to get out of her dress because she hates to be dressed up. She loves it when her daddy is holding her. I made a comment to Rocky about how someday it will be our baby girl getting married, and he got all choked up and stated back, "Yes, but not this day. Today she's daddy's little princess."


Mom and Pops even had a great time...



They tore up the dance floor to some crazy salsa music!

Rocky and I even got to dance together while our Friend and Favorite Bishop, Bishop Sandall held MaeLee for us. I didn't even know Rocky could dance so well. It definitely brought back the sparks!

In the end we all had a wonderful evening, and Rocky had an even more crazy night as he "accidentally" took a swig of the HARD Lemonade. Haha! Even months later we are still laughing about his run in with the tequila. Rocky's living up the moment by telling everyone how he walked on the wild side at Wyatt and Alma's wedding. He says it was an accident but Alma doesn't buy it. She said, "Yeah Rocky I almost drank it too but I could smell it before I even put my mouth to it. So I'm not buying it."

Well at least it gave Rocky something to laugh about. He even made me smell his breath after his Big Burning Gulp, and I teased him all the way back to the motel. "Now Rocky stay in between the yellow and white line." and "Rocky just remember green means go and red means stop." Rocky is always a fun and lively date that's for sure.

Yep, it was a fun night indeed. Congratulations to Wyatt and Alma! We love you both so much. And also, congratulations to Rocky for getting his first buzz. Just kidding. Well you have one up on me babe because I've never even had one sip. All I can say is that I'm glad it was you and not me. Of course we all know it was truly a mistake. But we've had a good laugh about it ever since.

1 comment:

  1. The Wedding looked wonderful! So happy for Wyatt and Alma! The mishaps before the wedding were hilarious, to say the least! I can't believe Wyatt! Poor Alma! But they are both such a wonderful match! Again...wish we could have shared in this family event and "Yes, it's nice to know that we were missed." BJ

    ReplyDelete