Saturday, October 17, 2009

Our 2nd attempt to Lake Powell Arizona - August 3, 2009

Our previous attempt to Lake Powell didn't fare too well, so we tried it again on Monday August 3rd, 2009. This time we did plan for it and had all the works with us. Also we brought Kiana with us for her birthday present from us.

On the first attempt a couple weeks back most of the pictures turned out like the following

I had a ton of wonderful pictures but they all looked like this in the middle of my photo shots because Rocky told me to change the setting. He must have realized it and switched it back but since he knows me very well he did not tell me until later that evening. So of course I was so upset since it was Lincoln's first experience swimming, but life happens and what are you gonna do? Make the best out of it by going for a second trip!



But I did get a few pictures that are hilarious BEFORE the setting was changed on the camera, and then AFTER in the end of our day when Rocky must have corrected the mistake.





MaeLee and I on the sidelines.





Tysho having a wonderful time.


Rocky playing with the kids.





Of course since I'm the mom I get nervous and yell out to Rocky, "Be careful! It's Lincoln's first time! Don't drop him!" Rocky's response, "I am. I am. Don't worry."


Next thing I know...




Me, "Ahhhh! Rocky! Lincoln...Lincoln!" Rocky, "Oh he's okay. His face didn't even get in the water."

So I get Rocky out of the Lake to show him proof



Now when does that ever happen? I actually had it on camera that I was right! But, in Rocky's defense he grabbed him so quick it seemed like he didn't even hit the water. Oh poor Lincoln. But we had a good laugh and he was perfectly fine!



Rocky making it up to Lincoln...trying to console him.



Lincoln usually is our wild one who jumps in first and thinks second,..but on this day after his face plant in the water he was a little wary.


Tysho loved every minute of the Lake.


He was the last one out!



So on to our second endeavour our second trip to Lake Powell...







Okay Lincoln let's try this again...
I had him pose the exact same way he did the first time.
Well at least in my mind he did.











Okay I'm satisfied...now Rocky is going to do his tricks again with the kids, but this time he's a little more safe with Lincoln.




Rocky is a #1 daddy!












You go Tysho!





As for baby MaeLee...



She is enjoying a snoozie next to mommy with a cool breeze, and the sounds of the water splashing against the rock.









Looks like fun and I can't believe I'm doing this but I want my kids to know that "yes" mom did get in the water too.



In the words of Aunt Jeanne, "And there you have it." That's all I have to say.



Look who's awake...





Ms. Diva herself.



"I don't see a problem as long as all my demands are met."



"Would you like an autograph with that photo?"


Tysho finally ready to get out of the water. He's warm in his daddy's t-shirt.




Lincoln can even make a hot pink towel look good.


"Oh Lincoln can you show us how much of that Lake you soaked up in your diaper?"




Gladly, here's the front view.


And here's the back. The End.


Well not quite... I had to take some artistic photos for myself to have. Continue if you like, but the following are shots of my beautiful babies.


It was funny to me how I was able to capture their personalities while I just took these snapshots.















































Brothers for life...Brothers forever.


Okay, so our day at Lake Powell has come to and end and we are all loaded up and ready to go from a successful day of fun in the sun.


I try and take a picture of our departure and Tysho is absolutely DONE with pictures.



"No more pictures mom."




So when I plead with Tysho to just let me take some of us at the end of our day he says, "Huh, okay." Lincoln is so protective of his big brother that he will get after us in Tysho's defense. Here he is saying, "No mom. No more pictures of Tie-toe."


"Okay...okay...I'm finished." Sheesh just call me "The Papparazzi Mama".



The End.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the last picture of Tysho and Lincoln! So adorable! All the artistic shots are gorgeous! The kids are soooo adorable! Baby MaeLee is such a little princess, I love it!
    Good job Lincoln for swimming in the lake! Tysho you did an amazing jump out of the water, I am glad your mom was able to capture that in the picture she took of you and your dad! Love BJ

    ReplyDelete